Wednesday 23 March 2011

It's a miracle!

I can't believe it. We got seven hours of pure uninterrupted sleep last night!!!!! We put Lily to bed at 9.00pm and she woke up and cried at 11.00pm, so I sent the Hunny in to sort her out. He came back out a few minutes later and said that the dummy had fallen out of her mouth and she was scrabbling around her cot in tears trying to find it. We went to bed shortly after that. And the next thing I knew it was 6.00 am!!!! We didn't hear a single peep from Lily for the rest of the night!

We're not going to get too excited though because Lily has lulled us into this false sense of secuirty before.....
Tonight she will probably go back to waking up 3 - 4 times a night.

Waking up from a good night's sleep felt wonderfull and I've been in a good mood all day so far. I've also been giggling a lot today. One of my colleagues said to me "You're a nuisance when you've had a good night's sleep", and another colleague said "I think we prefer it when you've had no sleep - you're more subdued!" while the others all nodded in agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment